Formatting your spreadsheet
You can apply the Bold, Italic, Underline, or Strikethrough feature to data to highlight it.
Make Text Bold
Perform the following to make text bold.
- Select a range of cells with text to be bold.
- Click Format-Font-Bold.
Change Font Properties
Perform the following to change font properties.
- Select a range of cells whose formatting you want to remove.
- Change font, text size, color, and other properties using the menus on the toolbar.
You can display numbers and formulas in various formats.
Perform the following to change the cell format.
- Select a range of cells whose data you want to display using a percent sign.
- Click Format-Number-Percentage.
Or click the Percentage icon on the toolbar to change data format quickly.
Change Decimal Display
Perform the following to change the decimals.
- Select a range of cells whose data you want to change the decimals.
- Click Format-Number-Accounting.
- Click the Increase Decimal icon an many as you want to display decimals on the toolbar.
You can also reduce the decimal place by clicking the Decrease Decimal icon on the toolbar.
You can use various border styles with various colors to distinguish data.
Apply Cell Border
Perform the following to apply cell borders.
- Select a range of cells that you want to change their border styles.
- Click Format-Border-All Borders.
Change Cell Border Color
Perform the following to change cell border color.
- Select a range of cells that you want to change the border color.
- Click the Line Color icon and select a border color from the color palette under the Border section on the Cell task pane.
- Select the border item under the Border section to apply the borders to the selected range of cells.