Working with slides
Inserts a new slide after the current slide.
If you insert a new slide, the new slide will automatically appear in the editing window.
Add a new slide
To add a new slide:
- Select a location where to insert a new slide in the slide thumbnail area. A new slide is inserted after the slide you have selected.
- Do one of the following.
- Click Insert-New Slide.
- Click New Slide icon at the top of the thumbnail area.
Set a slide background
To apply a different background to each slide:
- Click anywhere on a slide.
- Do the following on Format Background of the Slide task pane.
- Click Solid and then select or customize the desired color.
- Click Image and then select an image to apply as a background. To learn more about how to insert an image, refer to Insert Image.
Change the slide order
To move your slides up or down to change the slide order:
- Click a slide on the slide thumbnail to change its order.
- Drag it up or down to a new position.
- Release the mouse button.
Apply slide layout
Slide Layout consists of preconfigured text boxes to suit diverse purposes. Slide Layout offers various layouts in total, including the Title Slide, Title Only and Title and Content layout.
- Click a slide thumbnail to change its layout.
- Select the desired layout on Layout of the Slide task pane.
The selected layout will be applied to the slide.
Copies and pastes an object within the slide in one click.
The selected object will remain, and a copy of the selected object will be duplicated. This feature is convenient when you need to use the same object in several locations.
To duplicate a slide:
- Select a slide to duplicate and then click Insert-Duplicate Slide.
- Move the mouse pointer over the slide to hide on the slide thumbnail area, right-click on the slide and then click Duplicate Slide on the context menu.
Deletes the slide which is selected in the slide thumbnail area.
To delete a slide:
- Select a slide to delete, click Edit-Delete Slide.
- Move the mouse pointer over the slide to hide on the slide thumbnail area, right-click on the slide and then click Delete Slide on the context menu.
Hides the selected slide.
A slide with Hide Slide applied is not displayed while the slideshow is being displayed.
To hide a slide:
- Select a slide to hide, and then click Edit-Hide Slide.
- Move the mouse pointer over the slide to hide on the slide thumbnail area, right-click on the slide and then click Hide Slide on the context menu.
Article is closed for comments.